Location: F.A.S.T. Rescue Inc. 750 Oakdale Rd., Suite 56, North York, ON, M3N 2Z4
Effective 1 October 2021, all public course attendees must show proof of full vaccination and government-issued photo ID before entering the classroom.
The Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act requires that all workplaces with more than 20 employees have certified Health and Safety Committee Members; representing the workers and management. This course is the first step in the process of becoming “Certified” by the WSIB.
This approved course is required for all workplaces of 20 or more employees. It is a necessary component for Joint Health & Safety Committee members and brings the internal responsibility system into practice. Relevant to any medium or large workplace, this course contains the most current legislation. Delivered over a 3 day period, this program gives participants a full understanding of occupational health and safety legislation, including rights and responsibilities of workplace parties and certified representatives on joint health and safety committees in particular.
- Private training sessions require a minimum of 8 participants
- Public training sessions have no minimum participant requirements and are available at our head office location at 750 Oakdale Rd., Suite 56, Toronto, ON M3N 2Z4
Course content includes:
- How to read and understand the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its related regulations
- Joint Health and Safety Committees and what they are required to do
- Understanding the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Understanding the requirements of workplace health & safety policies and programs
- Learning how to identify, assess, control, or better yet eliminate, workplace hazards
This course includes:
- Certification Manuals
- Certificate of Accomplishment
- Records of Training and Attendance Report
Who Should Attend:
- JHSC Members and Health and Safety Reps
- Employers, Managers