The 3M™ Littmann® Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is a dependable, hard working clinical tool for physical assessment and monitoring of your patients. It’s the choice of millions of care providers who are dedicated to achieving the best patient outcomes.
- A true clinical workhorse, providing high acoustic sensitivity through its dual-sided, stainless steel chestpiece; with a tunable diaphragm on one side and traditional bell on the other. The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment and diagnosis.
- Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill rim provides patient comfort.
- Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
- Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
- The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large soft-sealing eartips, large firm eartips, and instructions.