Address: Vital CPR 626 Sheppard Avenue West Sheppard Plaza - Lower Level - Unit C, North York, ON M3H 2S1
Effective 1 October 2021, all public course attendees must show proof of full vaccination and government-issued photo ID before entering the classroom.
The Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act requires that all workplaces with more than 20 employees have certified Health and Safety Committee Members; representing the workers and management. This course is the refresher program that can be taken prior to the expiry of the JHSC Level 1 & 2 courses.
This course is the refresher training required every 3 years after the initial certification is received. This one-day course refreshes students on occupational health and safety legislation, including rights and responsibilities of workplace parties and certified representatives on joint health and safety committees in particular.
Course content includes:
- How to read and understand the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its related regulations
- Joint Health and Safety Committees and what they are required to do
- Understanding the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- Understanding the requirements of workplace health & safety policies and programs
- Learning how to identify, assess, control, or better yet eliminate workplace hazards
This course includes:
- Certificate of Accomplishment
- Records of Training and Attendance Report
Who Should Attend:
- JHSC Members and Health and Safety Reps
- Employers, Managers